For Medical Professionals
The DSCBA offers information and resources to help you provide the best care possible for your patients with Down syndrome and for your new or expectant families.
- We provide training (via Zoom or, in non-COVID times, in person) for medical professionals and staff that includes:
- Current information about Down syndrome
- Supportive ways to deliver a diagnosis to a new family
- How to best support families receiving a new diagnosis
- Local and national resources for families
- We offer free materials about Down syndrome in English and Spanish.
- We offer welcome baskets to families welcoming a new baby with Down syndrome.
- Some clinicians may also have questions about the specific implications of COVID-19 for people with Down syndrome. We have a dedicated section on the Resources tab of our website with links to resources about this topic.
Thank you for taking time to research options that will help you provide individuals with Down syndrome and their families the information, resources, and support they need.
If you are interested in scheduling a training or receiving medical outreach materials, or if you have additional questions, please contact Laura Gordon, Medical Outreach Alliance Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 362-8660 x 108