Medical Outreach Alliance
The Medical Outreach Alliance of the DSCBA delivers current and accurate information about Down syndrome to medical facilities in an effort to provide to expectant and new families.
Along with current, factual information:
- We provide information about programs and support we at the DSCBA offer families.
- We work with hospitals and birthing centers throughout the Bay Area. We provide presentations for hospital staff and medical professionals
- Current information about Down syndrome
- How best to give a diagnosis
- How to best support families receiving a new diagnosis
- We offer free materials about Down syndrome in English and Spanish.
- Some clinicians may also have questions about the specific implications of COVID-19 for people with Down syndrome. We have a dedicated section on the Resources tab on our website with links to these.
If you are interested in scheduling a presentation, receiving medical outreach folders, or if you have additional questions, please contact our Medical Outreach Alliance at MedicalOutreach@dscba.org or (925) 362-8660 x 104.