DSCBA Covid-19 policy has been updated for ALL in-person DSCBA programs to align with CDC Guidelines and Recommendations. We will continue to monitor trends within the communities where our programs meet in-person and will modify our policy accordingly if it becomes necessary to do so. The DSCBA remains committed to protecting the health and well-being of our members, staff and volunteers.
- MASKS: Highly Recommended, not mandatory.
- Masks will be provided by the DSCBA to any in-person program participant who wants to wear a mask during an in-person program.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations: Highly Recommended
- CDC now recommends people 12 and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine booster for better protection against the omicron variants. These variants are currently causing most COVID-19 cases in the U.S.
- COVID-19 exposure, or COVID-19 positive: stay home, follow CDC guidelines based on vaccination status, age, etc.
- COVID-like symptoms, or recent travel: stay home, test, follow CDC guidelines based on vaccination status, age, etc.
Click Here for the CDC website
Click here for the CDC Isolation and Exposure Calculator
COVID-19 and Down Syndrome
In light of the COVID-19 crisis and the unique health needs of individuals with Down syndrome, the DSCBA would like to share a Q&A created by our friends at the Global Down Syndrome Foundation.
Considerando la crisis de COVID-19 y las necesidades únicas de salud de las personas con síndrome de Down, a DSCBA le gustaría compartir un cuestionario de preguntas y respuestas correspondientes (Q&A- por su sigla en inglés) creado por nuestros amigos de la Fundación Global de Síndrome de Down..
Information and Resources
- COVID-19 vaccine.- By the National Down Syndrom Congress
- Social Story
- COVID-19 & Other Useful Resources - By the National Down Syndrome Congress
- People With Down Syndrome Face Unique COVID-19 Challenges
- Joint Statement on Rights to Equal Access
- Covid-19 Info Easy Read prepared by Self Advocates for Self Advocates
- TREATMENT RIGHTS
- Potential Impacts of Covid-19 For People with Down Syndrome
- California Public Service Announcements/Tool Kit
- Covid 19 Resources for Special Educators, Therapists, & Families
- HAND WASHING VIDEOS
- COVD-19 and Down Syndrome, A Pediatric Perspective - Noemi Alice Spinazzi, MD, FAAP, Medical Director, Charlie’s Clinic
- COVID-19 and Down Syndrome - Medical Overview by Brian Chicoine, MD
- Managing School at Home - Christopher J. Lemons, Ph.D. Associate Professor and Denise Pope, Ph.D. Senior Lecturer, Stanford - Graduate School of Education
- DISABILITIES VOICES UNITED - Five Webinars on Impact of Coronavirus on Disability Community
- ADVOCATES GUIDE TO MEDICARE CHANGES
- Communication Passport for Accidents or Emergency
- Preparing Individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities for Medical Treatment at Hospitals
- ACCESSIBLE GUIDE
- DS & Covid 19. A Perfect Storm? Joaquin M. Espinosa; Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome
- Covid 19 and Down syndrome - Lumind Down Syndrome Foundation
Bay Area State and County Government Resources
- Alameda County
- Contra Costa County
- Marin County
- Napa County
- Solano County
- Sonoma County
- San Francisco County
- San Mateo County
- Santa Clara County
- CA Center for Disease Control on Covid-19
- CA Governor & HHS Covid-19 Updates
- CA Employment Development Department
- CA Dept of Education Special Education
- CALFRESH Food Assistance